Feb 26, 2008

i'd dance for obama any day

There are more pictures today than news.  But Nate's working late (really late) again, so I figured I'd blog now so we can spend time together when he's actually home.  I don't mind the late nights though because we more than appreciate the hours/overtime.  Especially since we just bought a new camera lens.  The project he originally got hired on to do was printed this week.  It looks really good, and I'm sure they're all glad it's done with.  Nate also got his business cards this week.  Pretty exciting stuff.  Our website is basically done...I just need to put it up online.  We're planning on getting some more equipment soon, and maybe another camera body so we can both shoot at the same time.  Check out the site (izzyandthebean.com), and if it's not up when you read this I PROMISE it will be super soon.   

Obama was here last Friday.  Nate and I were able to get off work early and head over to join the giant line waiting to get into the arena. There were a TON of people and we ended up way in the nose bleed section.  It didn't matter though, the message was still good.  The Texas primaries are coming up in a couple of weeks.  Apparently Texas is the only state you can vote twice in.  It's called the "Texas two-step" and it's basically a primary vote and a caucus vote.  Unfortunately I don't think Nate and I can vote.  We still don't have our TX driver's licenses.  I'm pretty annoyed about it.  I need to find someone who doesn't care about who wins to go cast an Obama vote (or two) for me. Ha.

One of my best friends, James, may be headed down our way to do a short internship this summer at McLeod.  It'd be pretty awesome to have someone down here to hang out with, and even better that we'd get to work together too.  It'd be kind of like old times...only instead of homework it'd be actual work, and instead of paying tuition we'd be getting paid.  Nice.  Nate and I are keeping our fingers crossed that it works out.

Nate with the printer's proof of the "grey book" he's been working on for the last five months...this is just the front and back cover.

A super crappy picture of Nate's business card. Sorry.

Izzy and Bean taking a nap in the sun.

Then they wanted to take a nap on dad.  No, we did not pose them.  They did this to themselves.


Me in line (at the end of the line basically) at Obama.  At least the scenery is good.

This is probably only about half of the line.

Nate and I "learning" the Texas Two-step.

No, I wasn't saluting.  It was just really bright and Nate zoomed WAY in.

We finally moved up into the shade.  Still a ton of people in line.

Nate up in the nose bleed section. 

Us at our first political event together. How romantic.
 
Woo Hoo Obama!  Look how tiny he looks from way up there.

This is Nate's serious, political face.

Nate working during his photo shoot at the bowling alley.

One of Nate's shots.

Another shot.


Tiny picture of James...being awesome. 

No comments: